High Protein Blueberry Pancake
High Protein Blueberry Pancakes
3 simple ingredients, quickly whizzed in the blender, make these pancakes a snap to whip up. Eggs and cottage cheese lend plenty of protein and oats offer whole grains that are naturally gluten free. And, unlike boxed pancake mixes, this batter has no added sugars. Best of all, they cook up light and tender and taste amazing!
- 1 cup old fashioned or quick cook (be sure to use certified gluten free oats if you are celiac or gluten intolerant)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup eggs, (4 extra-large eggs or 5 large eggs)
- pinch salt
- sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- pan spray
- Combine oats, cottage cheese and eggs in a blender and whiz until smooth. If desired add a sprinkle of cinnamon to batter and whiz again for a few seconds.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with pan spray and pour approximately 1/3 cup of batter into pan.
- Let cook 1-2 minutes and then sprinkle a small handful of berries over pancake, pressing down on berries lightly to partially submerge them in batter. Let cook an additional few minutes, until small bubbles rise to the surface of the pancake.
- Using a wide spatula, gently flip and let cook an additional 3-4 minutes until under side is golden brown.
- Serve hot with pure maple syrup, melted butter, powdered sugar or more fresh berries.
- Makes approximately 8 pancakes.