Tangy aged cheddar serves as a savory base for sweet apple, salty bacon and the bite of arugula. This is not you average pizza!
- 1 6"x12" Flatbread or use 2-3 naan breads
- 1 cup shredded charp cheddar (grating block cheese yourself is worth the effort)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced use a sweet-tart apple like granny smith, gala, empire or zestar
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay flatbread on a cutting board – top flatbread with 3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over cheese and then sprinkle chopped bacon on top.
- Finally, sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheddar over all the toppings.
- Carefully slide flatbread into pre-heated oven, directly onto oven grates.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven by sliding flatbread back onto cutting board, using a towel or hot pad.
- Let flatbread cool for a few minutes and then cut into 4 portions. Top pizza with arugula and serve immediately.